Fieldays Health and Wellbeing is designed to educate and inform you about health issues in a non-threatening and interesting way. Fieldays have teamed up with Mobile Health and a range of healthcare services to showcase some of the innovative and lifesaving services they are providing communities.
The Health Hub
Located in the Health Hub, Fieldays Health and Wellbeing covers topics from cancer detection and treatment, rural mental health and wellbeing through to services that support our rangatahi/youth. From the top of your head to the tip your toes buried in gumboots – Fieldays Health and Wellbeing has got it all.
Start the conversation and learn a bit more about how you can keep healthy for you and your family. There’ll also be loads of activities, prizes and places to relax at the Health Hub for the whole family – see you there.
- The Barter Barber will be set up providing cuts and shaves to Fieldays attendees. He is on a mission to visit every town in New Zealand to raise awareness for men’s mental health and funds for Lifeline.
- Predict your chance of critical injury on the farm through data with Midland Trauma System
- Meet Barry the ‘simulation manikin’ and try and save his life by performing CPR. The Waikato DHB Critical Care team will be there to provide a helping hand
- Check your child is enrolled for FREE dental care with Community Oral Health team
- See the effect of sunscreen using the UV camera from Melanoma NZ
- Visit the big pink caravan and the team from Breast Cancer Foundation NZ